Wednesday, May 8, 2013

April in Food

Yesterday was my 100th post here! Woohoo! It's probably fitting that it was about Jacob...he kind of consumes a lot of my time right now. Not that I'm complaining- it's just a fact of motherhood! : )

When we moved to the new apartment, I started keeping each week of menus that I make. I thought I'd use them for inspiration on the weeks that I sit down and have NO idea what I want to cook or what sounds good. Also, it helps me keep track of random recipes we try, as I write down where it is I found that recipe. So I thought I'd share some of it with you to maybe give you some inspiration! Note that we moved the first week of April so no menu got made!

April 8-14:
Breakfasts were Cream of Wheat with fruit puree for Jacob and cereal for Jim and I
Lunches during the week are almost always leftovers or sandwiches
Dinners:

  • Basil Pesto Pasta: Grab a box of penne and a jar of pre-made pesto. Boil the pasta according to package directions and add in as much or as little pesto as you like. Top it off with some parmesan or mozzarella cheese, maybe add a salad and voila! 
  • Meatball Subs and Chips: We cook up this recipe for meatballs from Mark Bittman, buy a bag of hoagie rolls, get some mozzarella cheese for topping and either use a homemade tomato sauce or buy a jar of marinara sauce for this yummy make-at-home version of a Subway sandwich. All different kids of veggies and cheeses optional! 
  • Honey Glazed Chicken Stir Fry
  • Caesar Pasta Salad
  • Double Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
April 15-21:
Breakfasts were cereal, cereal bars, cream of wheat with fruit puree, yogurt and/or biscuits.
Lunches were hardboiled eggs, applesauce, leftovers and sandwiches (**Jacob hated the eggs!)
Dinners:
April 22-28:
Breakfasts were cereal, cereal bars, cream of wheat with fruit puree, yogurt and/or biscuits.
Lunches during the week are almost always leftovers or sandwiches
Dinners:
So I hope that gives you something new to try for dinner this week (or next week if you've already got a menu planned out for this week!) ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment