Thursday, February 28, 2013

Planner 2.0

Back at the beginning of this year, I shared my homemade planner.  A month in, I decided to change things up a bit. I knew that it was going to be work in process. (You can click the link to visit the post about the original version). And it was only $3 to get a new one rebound (plus the paper + ink) but that stuff is on hand.

Some things stayed the same:
--> I left my goals page in the beginning. I did type it up for this planner so it looked bit neater.
--> The monthly planner page I left, as it helps me get a big picture of view of what's going on that month.
--> The menu plan stayed the same, but I did find a prettier page to use.
--> The grocery list stayed in, but again, I found a prettier one to use.

Some things didn't make the cut:
--> I took the routines page out- I found it just unnecessary for a daily planner. It would be better suited for a home management binder that stayed at home.
--> Monthly blog topics page got the oust- I liked having a month plan, but it was kind of overwhelming and life happens sometimes and I would get off the plan and that just causes me anxiety.
--> The weekly outlook I had was broken down by days and hours and didn't always get filled in when life got busy. I needed just some blank space to give me that weekly outlook, but not so specific that I felt like I was wasting the whole page for a few things.
--> The to do list simply did not have enough lines.

New additions:
--> I found a new week at a glance page, but I think it's a little too detailed for what I need for this one page.
--> I also found a to do list that was divided into "work" and "home" and had plenty of space!
--> I found a weekly blog post schedule to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment