Friday, November 2, 2012

Jacob :: 9 Months


Yesterday, Jacob turned 9 months old! We went to the doctor for his check up, so here's what we found out, plus some other important information in my favorite way of writing, a list:


  • He weighs 26 pounds 2 ounces
  • He is 31 inches long (that's almost a yard!)
  • He is still off the chart in height and weight, but follows a proportional curve above the graph
  • He can play Pat A Cake, Peek A Boo, give high fives, wave (sometimes at appropriate times) and has good control of the "pincer" grasp (using his index finger and thumb to grab things) and a good "vocabulary" (makes lots of different sounds with his mouth in response to things).
  • He is wearing 18-24 month clothes, but we've even had to venture into 2T for pajamas and some t-shirts.
  • He was a skunk for his first Halloween
  • I did find some shoes from Old Navy that will stay on his feet (as long as he isn't able to pull them off!)
  • We will start offering table food to him since he seems to be snobby about preferring nursing over baby food. Feeding my child has been the hardest part so far about being a Mom. I never know if I'm doing the right thing or when to change. That probably sounds weird because you would think eating would be something you wouldn't have much trouble with, but it's hard for me. I need a checklist!
  • He got a flu shot today and cried less than a minute.
  • Still loves jumping-jumping-jumping in his bouncer and is content to sit in the floor with toys to play.
  • Has made no motion toward crawling. He's got until 12 months to start or we'll have to do some physical therapy. I've been assured/encouraged that this is not uncharacteristic by other mom-friends. Things change so fast, anyway, I'm not worried about it at all. We'll be adding in some baby massage/exercises to see if that helps.
  • He still doesn't sleep through the night. We go 7 hours at the most, but some nights he wakes up 2 or 3 times. If I didn't have a job, I'd probably be more into to crying it out in the middle of the night, but knowing nap times are my only "me" time at home to get stuff done (like showering or Bible Study or cleaning) before I go to work in the afternoons just makes me want to get him back to sleep ASAP so I can go back to sleep, too. I figure once he weans from breastfeeding, I'll be more gung-ho about making him cry it out.
  • He's been wearing a disposable diaper at night- every diaper he was wearing was leaking and I was done changing sheets/jammies in the middle of the night. We're hoping for some different diapers for Christmas that will change that.
And now, for cute pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment