Monday, November 19, 2012

Life Update

You know what happens when you wait too long to write an actual update on life? You stare at a blank screen because it's so overwhelming. So, let's start at the beginning.

I love my job. Sure, some days are trying, but that's life with 3-9 year olds. The only problem is that it was a serious pay cut and now we've got some decisions to make. THEN, our garage door broke twice and our gas dryer went out. Thankfully, the garage door company came and repaired it for free since it had been less than a month between breakings. However, on top of purchasing new appliances, we had to have an electrician come out and run electricity to the laundry area because our previous dryer was gas; we needed more power!

So, we got all that taken care of. And, we're trying to wisely pray through the process of where our family is headed. Thankfully, my husband is a rockstar steward of our finances and we have taken the steps to be ready for this situation. And more than that, GOD ALWAYS PROVIDES FOR US. Sure, it doesn't mean he provides for all our little luxuries, but it means we'll have everything we need. And folks, you don't really need much. And yes, it's way easier for me to type this on this blank page. Sure, I'll probably have to be reminded of it, but it's the truth. It will be a good exercise in the discipline of contentment and not comparing myself, my belongings, my life to others.

Life definitely ain't all bad, though!

  • I'm super excited about the Thanksgiving holiday. I love having the whole day to spend with your family and eat good food. We'll be spending this Thanksgiving primarily with my family as Christmas will be spent with Jim's family out of town. 
  • While spending the money wasn't fun, especially on something boring like a washer and dryer, it's nice having new stuff that works! We can actually dry our diapers now! The gas dryer was either on or off- but this one has a high, low and medium setting! It's the little things....
  • Christmas decorating and the Christmas season officially begin Friday. I'll be taking a hard look at the Christmas stuff we have and paring down the collection.
  • I've become quite the chef if I do say so myself. All the Food Network watching has paid off a little bit. Just ask Jim- he'll tell you. He'll also tell you that my watching Food Network has paid off way more than when I watched HGTV all the time and was constantly discontent about what my house wasn't.
  • Oh yeah....and there's these things that I'm super thankful for and I've been picking one thing a day; and even on the bad days, I still have something to say "thanks" for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment