Friday, December 7, 2012

Blogging's Been on the Backburner

I haven't been blogging regularly. It's not because I haven't had time; it's just because I've been spending on it things that were more important to me than the blog. I'm a firm believer in that you make time for what's important. 

There's lots I want to blog about. It's Christmas and with that comes the usual hustle and bustle of the holidays. It's our first Christmas as a family of three and I want to make is special, but not go crazy. After all, Jacob won't really remember this. But, it's important that we make Christmas special for our family with our traditions and for the right reasons. We've been doing an activity every day to count down the days until Christmas. We've also been participating in a Jesse Tree devotional. I'll share all about it when we're done.

I'm excited for some time off from one of my jobs to completely refocus and plan for next semester. I'm excited for Jim to get some time off to to hang out with us. We've got fun Christmas plans ahead and I can't wait!

Today, Jacob and I made some Edible Arrangement deliveries for my Mom. She's finishing up her FNP degree and had to do some clinicals. She wanted to thank them so we made the deliveries for her to save her the $24. Jacob was a rock star on the two hour errand. He played with his toys, talked to whatever was out the window, and we listened to the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" from the Holiday Traditions station on Sirius. We made a stop at small town Sonic to eat lunch. He deserved a car seat break and I was hungry. I put him in the front seat facing the highway and he watched the cars and trucks drive by while I ate. 



We did a diaper change and headed home. He ALMOST fell asleep in the car but I kept him awake until we got home. I laid him down almost 30 minutes ago and he's still in there talking to Mr. Grinch. Hopefully he gets a nap in before we have to go pick up my siblings.

I'm going to try to update on a more regular basis, even if it's from my phone or iPad. Getting behind makes it more overwhelming to start back up! 

1 comment:

  1. "Getting behind makes it more overwhelming to start back up!" - haha yes...which is part of the reason why I don't update anymore. This is the other "I'm a firm believer in that you make time for what's important."

    ReplyDelete