Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Taco Soup and Missouri Cookies

Last week, it was eighty degrees and yesterday it snowed 2 inches. My favorite tweet yesterday came from a girl in our college group that said something along the lines that there were two types of people: those who freak out about the snow online and those who complain about those posting about the snow online. Like I said yesterday, this wasn't Jacob's first snow, but we got out and took a picture anyway.



For the record, the roads were pretty bad yesterday morning as it was in the twenties and school got canceled for high school down (two area colleges went on with finals scheduled as normal I believe). We took Jim to work around 8:30 and then came home for our morning routine of playing and napping. We went to my Mom's house to visit with her and my sister, Lexie, ran some errands with me. We did some grocery shopping and Christmas shopping, and I took her home before Jacob's afternoon nap. I made Taco Soup for dinner and we gave Jacob a bath after picking up Jim for his office. We did our Jesse Devotional and put Jacob down and then watched Monday Night Football. Jim and I are playing each other in our Fantasy league this week. I won. Boo ya!

Oh, I also made some delicious Missouri cookies yesterday during Jacob's afternoon nap. Yummy. Here are those recipes:

Missouri Cookies

2 cups sugar
Dash of salt
3 tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
3 cups oats

1. Mix cocoa, sugar, butter and milk. Heat until bubbly.
2. Turn off heat and stir in salt, vanilla and peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Gradually add the oats
4. Drop onto wax/parchment paper.

My Grandmother's Taco Soup

2 lbs. hamburger meat
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 can each undrained pinto beans, ranch style beans, corn, rotel
1 can drained diced tomatoes
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning

1. Brown meat and onion together.
2. Add pinto beans, ranch style beans, corn and rotel and stir until combined.
3. Add tomatoes, taco seasoning and ranch seasoning and stir again.
4. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve with cheddar cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment