Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

This month is flying by and the weather has finally caught up with the calendar. Temperatures have been in the 60s and 70s during the day and 40s at night. The windchill last night got down into the 20s! There is actually snow on the ground this morning and schools are delayed. This isn't Jacob's first snow, though, as it snowed randomly in February just days after we came home from the hospital.

Friday, Jim was starving when we got off from work, so we called an audible and had sonic for dinner. We played a board game on the iPad (Ticket to Ride) and watched a movie that was on TV. I also finished sewing our stockings and so the house is as decorated as it's going to be for Christmas.


Saturday, Jim took Jacob to his parents' house so I could have some "me" time. I mostly worked on the house and cooked a delicious lunch. Jim came back home to lay Jacob down and then went to watch our high school alumni make history and get the farthest in the playoffs in football. (I feel like that is a terrible sentence.) When Jacob woke up, we braved the mall and did some Christmas shopping. My sister and her boyfriend were in town, so they came over that night to watch Jacob while Jim and I attended a church Christmas party.


Yesterday morning was a normal Sunday for us. Jacob woke up a little earlier so he went down for his nap a little early. It worked out because we actually got to church on time and I got to take a nap after feeling like I couldn't keep my eyes open. He wore a sweater vest for the first time (Jim's Dad loves sweater vests) and looked super handsome. After church, an afternoon nap for Jacob, we bundled up and went to look a local lights display.


Tomorrow night is my first dance recital as a teacher. I've got a few things to finish up before it and we've also got grocery shopping and some people to visit.

What did you do his weekend??





No comments:

Post a Comment