Wednesday, January 2, 2013

5 Year Anniversary

On the 29th, Jim and I celebrated 5 years of being married. We are planning on taking a weekend trip once baseball season starts and Jacob is weaned. We went to eat dinner at a dance restaurant with beautiful views of the Texas countryside.

My gift to Jim was to organize and decorate his new office, including new desk accessories that are wooden (the traditional 5 year gift). His gift to me was super awesome!

After putting Jacob to bed one evening, I came back into our room and found a note and gift on our bed. Jim was giving me a "12 Days Until Or Anniversary" gift. Each night, I got a note and corresponding gift that had something to do with one thing he loved about me. I was super impressed.



You should be too! I'm married to a pretty stellar guy and I'm so thankful, proud and honored to be his wife. He does an exemplary job at cherishing me, serving me and loving me; he speaks truth into my life, laughs at my jokes (which are not always funny), has deep conversations with me and isn't afraid to listen to the sometimes ridiculous ramblings that my brain comes up with. He is a great Dad; Jacob lights up when he drives up or walks into the room. He loves the Lord and makes it a priority to spend time with Him every morning so that he can be the best husband, dad, worker, son, friend and man of God he can be. I love you Jimbo! Can't wait to spend another 5 (and then some more) by your side!


No comments:

Post a Comment