Wednesday, March 20, 2013

20 Days

I honestly flat ran out of time to blog yesterday. The last 36 hours have been a whirlwind of activity and once I finally had everything done that had to be done last night, I was out.

For the sake of coherence, I'll back up to Sunday. We got a call at noon from our realtor that someone wanted to look at the house that afternoon. That night, he texted us and said the same buyer wanted to come back first thing Monday morning. Great news!

They made us an offer around 5 Monday afternoon and it wasn't great. We talked it over and with help from our realtor, made a counter offer. I went to Bible Study and got a text from Jim that they had countered and we'd discuss it once I got home. Our leader was closing out the study time with a prayer and when I opened up my eyes, I had this message:



Greater news! So, while it isn't done until it's done, it's a little crazy because they want to close on April 8th. That gives us 20 days to find an apartment and move. To complicate things a bit more, they have the 10 day option period to get the house inspected and can back out at anytime. We don't want to wait until March 30 to see if everything goes through, but we also don't want to jump all in and then something happen and we end up not actually selling to this buyer.

I spent yesterday making cookies for a church function, calling around for available apartments and prices, signing papers to officially enter into contract, teaching two dance classes, letting Jacob nap, preparing for another home showing this morning, touring an apartment that may be "the one" and watching my siblings in between. Exhausted, but in a good way.

Today, we had another house showing, (and I totally missed the memo that you show your house even under contract- so I made a huge mess making those cookies and then paid for it later) are touring two more apartments, turning in applications, keeping the siblings, going to church and doing the homeschool thing with Alijah!




No comments:

Post a Comment