Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March is a Fresh Start

I don't remember where I heard it, but in a past conversation, the thought came up that God was a God of fresh starts. In Him we are a NEW creation, the old has gone (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). And that new self? Well, it's constantly being renewed in the image of our Creator (see Colossians 5:10). God is the God of "new." He has structured our time around that fact: Friday was a new month; yesterday (or today, depending on how your brain works) is a new week. Today is a new day. We've been given another shot at it, a fresh start, a clean slate.

March for me is going to be about "fresh." It's s-l-o-w-l-y starting to feel like spring. The days are getting longer. I love this time of year. Jim and I are also going to commit to eating more "fresh" foods (even if they were meals we made from fresh ingredients and froze them for convenience) and less fast food. With the spring-like weather comes a desire to freshen up the house. And, Jacob and I are getting a fresh start into the next chapter of our relationship as he transitions out of always having to have momma around to becoming a boy and not a baby anymore.

It's easy to get weighed down by stuff of life. Today, I'm laying it aside. Some of it needs to be dealt with, some of it let go, some of it bathed in prayer as I search for wisdom in knowing what to do. I am thankful for fresh starts and new mercies, every morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment