Wednesday, March 27, 2013

All For Nothing

Yesterday, I left my house at 8 am and drove to my in-laws with my dogs, husband, and kid in tow. He unlocked the door and made sure the alarm wasn't armed (it wasn't) and then we dropped him off at his office. About 200 yards down the road, he calls me and says "keys." We made a U turn and headed back to the entrance to get his set of keys so I could get back into his parents' house.

I made a stop at McDonald's for a large coke and then we dropped of Jim's cleaning. I dropped my dogs off in the backyard, got Jacob out of the car, changed his diaper and laid him down for his morning nap. I went to move my dogs from one side of the yard to the other only to discover that Josie had squeezed through the gate to a busy street (the reason I was moving them from that portion of the yard). In a panic of coaxing and reaching, I was finally able to barely reach her and drag her back through the gate. I'll have you know that the gate was automatic and the only openers are in my in-laws' vehicles, so that's why I didn't just open the gate.

After a high stress morning of barking dogs and a non-napping kid, I got in my car a little bit early, chancing that driving around would be better okay for 20 minutes. I drove by my house 45 minutes before I was allowed to and saw that no one was there. I let the dogs in and brought Jacob in to change clothes and diaper. The house was oddly exactly the way I left it. Either the home inspector and family were awesome at putting things back JUST the way they are or...

THEY DIDN'T COME. They rescheduled it for today and told no one. So, that's my house selling complaint in a blog post. It actually isn't that bad. It was just a stressful situation and it wasn't even necessary. If you ever buy a house, be considerate of the people living in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment