Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Cleaning : The Garage


Friday, I took on my first Spring Cleaning project. Here's the breakdown!



1. Before I could finish moving crates from the garage, I needed to get the storage unit better organized and make a list of everything that was in there. I bought a pack of vinyl letters at Target for $3 and labeled all the crates with a letter or combination of letters (so as not to waste any). Then, I just took a general note of what was inside of them. Christmas, home decor, baby items, etc. I made a list and am going to type that up and save on DropBox so I always have it.



2. Next came moving crates from the garage. I labeled them and added them to the list at home and loaded up the Cube. With the seats folded down, I could get 12 crates in the Cube. 


3. I had to make a quick phone call to Jim to see what he wanted to keep of his gardening stuff. Since the plan is to move to an apartment, we won't have a huge garden. But, Jim has spent hundreds of dollars on his gardening projects, so we don't want to be wasteful. We kept the tools and some of the supplies for storing until the next house, and recycled the plastic seed starting planters and some of the fencing. 
4. I also took a load of things I don't want anymore to Goodwill.
5. Then, I blew out the garage with the blower because a lot of leaves had gotten in. There are a a few crates I want to go back through, so they're still in the garage. 
Next up: Sunroom and Jim's closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment