Friday, March 22, 2013

A Friday List

1. We finished touring apartments in town yesterday and decided on the one we want. We turned in our application and fee and she is holding it until the option period is over for us (which is March 30). We should be getting a call for them to come do the home inspection and then we'll negotiate out anything they find and want repaired.

2. Yesterday was my last day as a dance teacher. One of my siblings is being homeschooled again, I was constantly going going going and not able to fully watch the kids sometimes, scheduling out sitters for Jacob was proving to be more difficult and stressful than originally thought, so I resigned after much thought and consideration. I don't think I've ever felt as out of control and "just surviving" as I have these last three or four months.

3. I think for the most part, our house is finally healthy again. Jim had bronchitis for like 20 years (or 6 weeks) and I've had the allergy, runny nose/cough, my voice was replaced by my sexy man voice thing, and Jacob has had lots of boogers and coughing. I think our Kleenex budget will be significantly reduced in April.

4. I cooked a crock pot brisket for the first time and it was good. Nothing extra special or out of this world, but a nice base cooking method that I can now add layers of flavor too. The recipe is to trim the fat off your 3-5 lb. brisket, put it in the crockpot, add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a package if onion soup mix, and water to cover. Cook on high until it's bubbling, then turn to low for 8-10 hours or until around 170 degrees inside and fork tender. You'll want some kind of good BBQ sauce or something to go with it.

5. Opening Day and Easter are on the same day. What a great day it will be!

6. Also today, my Dad's 51st birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy!

Have a FANTASTIC weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment