Thursday, April 18, 2013

Highs and Lows

Today is my very awesome Mother In Law's birthday! She is celebrating in a big way today so we'll celebrate later on this weekend. Sherrie- I am so thankful for you and the man you raised to be mine and Jacob's Dad. You're a great Lolly! Jacob loves spending time with you. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!

My heart goes out to the community of West, Texas. I heard about it this morning and actually just watched a video of it that a friend had posted on Facebook. It brought me to tears. I don't know if it's the sub-conscious emotions from the whole Boston thing or the Mommy inside, but my heart hurts for that community and I'm praying for them as well as continuing to pray for Boston. A friend of mine, Emily, wrote a thought in post yesterday that I wanted to share:


The Run for Boston 4.17 Facebook page said “Hope triumphs over Fear. Light overcomes Darkness. Good defeats Evil. Every. Single. Time. #runforboston”
Sounds a lot like the book of James. I would rephrase the previous quote: “Christ is the Hope that triumphs over fear from the Enemy. Jesus is the Light who overcame darkness once and for all. Christ (not “good”) defeated evil. Every. Single.Time.”
Even though today has been a frustrating day with my little one, I will offer more grace and hold him a little tighter knowing that some aren't able to do that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment